Cauliflower & Pyengana St Columba Blue Cheese Soup
Featuring - Pyengana St Columba blue cheese, Meander Valley Dairy butter
Adding Pyengana St Columba blue cheese to this cauliflower soup adds a level of luxury to an otherwise humble soup. Make sure to cut cauliflower small for cooking, it minimises cooking time but also means the cauliflower cooks much faster and retains a lovely element of freshness that works so well with the rich blue cheese.
Ingredients>[?100g unsalted butter, chopped
3 medium size brown onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1kg or about 2 medium size cauliflower, cut down into a finely diced
1L chicken or vegetable stock
150g Pyengana Dairy St Columba blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Melt the Meander Valley Dairy butter then add onions and salt.
- Stir the onions occasionally and cook until they are soft, for about 10 minutes add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Place cauliflower in the pot, cover with chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling turn down heat to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 min or until cauliflower is soft.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, blend soup until silky smooth, you can adjust consistency to your desired thickness with more stock or milk.
- Return soup to a clean pot and crumble in Pyengana Dairy St Columba blue cheese, stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Serve with Pyengana St Columba blue cheese crumbled over the top, black pepper, chives and olive oil